ћирилица | latinica info services | sitemap | contacts | help 
Consumer Protection | How to Protect Your Rights

How to Protect Your Rights

If you believe that your rights and interests have been violated in doing business with a bank, leasing provider, insurance company or voluntary pension fund management company or payment Institutions (hereinafter: financial institution), and/or that a financial institutions does not adhere to regulations, general terms of business or good business practices relating to these services or obligations arising from your agreement – you should contact such institution directly, i.e. an officer of that institution and try to resolve the dispute.

Many disputes may be resolved quickly and simply by directly addressing the financial institution concerned. However, if you are not satisfied with the verbal response, you have the right to make a complaint in writing.

The deadline for the submission of a written complaint to a bank/leasing provider is three years from the day when your right or legal interest was violated. 

If you are dissatisfied with the response to the complaint or you have not received a response within 15 days from the day when the institution received the complaint, before filing a lawsuit you may submit to the NBS Department for Financial Consumer Protection: 

 You may file a complaint with the NBS within six months from the date of receipt of the financial institution’s response to the complaint. 

 You may file a complaint or mediation proposal by completing the appropriate form and sending it by post at:

Departmentfor Financial Consumer Protection
Nemanjina 17, 11000 Beograd

or Post-office box 712, 11000 Beograd

or by email: zastita.korisnika@nbs.rs.

You may download the application by clicking the right mouse button and selecting “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer) or “Save Link As” (Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome). (Serbian version only).


See More...