NBS in Charge of Issuing Authorisations for the Performance of Exchange Operations and Supervision of Foreign Exchange and Exchange Operations
Pursuant to the Law Amending the Law on Foreign Exchange Operations (RS Official Gazette, No 30/2018), as of 1 January 2019 the NBS is in charge of the issuance and revocation of authorisations for the performance of exchange operations, supervision of foreign exchange operations of residents and non-residents, and exchange operations. Until 31 December 2018, these activities were under the competence of the Tax Administration of the Ministry of Finance.
To regulate this field, the NBS has adopted relevant secondary legislation with effect from 1 January 2019, which is published on its website:
- Decision on Terms and Manner of Performing Exchange Operations (RS Official Gazette, Nos 84/2018 and 86/2018);
- Decision on Detailed Conditions and Manner of Conducting Supervision of Exchange Operations (RS Official Gazette, No 84/2018);
- Decision on Detailed Conditions and Manner of Performing the Supervision of Foreign Exchange Operations of Residents and Non-Residents (RS Official Gazette, No 84/2018);
- Decision on the Procedure and Conditions for Obtaining a Certificate for the Performance of Exchange Operations, Single Training Programme for the Performance of Exchange Operations and Eligibility Requirements for Trainers (RS Official Gazette, No 84/2018);
- Decision on Guidelines for the Application of the Provisions of the Law on the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing for Obligors Supervised by the National Bank of Serbia (RS Official Gazette, Nos 13/2018 and 103/2018).
In accordance with its mandate, as a regulatory and supervisory authority in the foreign exchange market, the NBS will continue to contribute to the development and advancement of the foreign exchange and overall financial market, while at the same time preserving and strengthening financial stability.